Thursday, August 23, 2012

Returning...

My last morning in Rijswijk. I'm sitting in bed (still dark outside) with the doors to the balcony open, listening to the traffic sounds and surrounded by the detritus of packing. I'm sad to be leaving. My time here - and in the UK - has been special. I have felt very 'at home' in this house and neighbourhood. 

Today Lauren and Merel return from Calais about midday so we will be able to have lunch together and a catch-up. Then up to Amsterdam for me from where I fly to Frankfurt and then Singapore - Christchurch. To resume 'normal' life and responsibilities. Hmmm....

4 comments:

  1. Thats a sad post.

    It will have a happy ending though ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad. But we're having lovely weather :)) I even threw myself into the asparagus and strawb patches today. Awfully hard on my back though. I'm looking forward to planting seeds into trays and starting things in pots.

    Have a lovely flight and take care. Much love and hugs XXXXX And thank you for sharing this wonderful trip with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Niki, Geoff. Been out, got bread for lunch, nice flowers, cleaned house (yesterday), washed bed linen/towel, packed, and now Nina is sitting on my lap as I type :-)

    I saw the ChCh temps are quite high. Will be home in time to plant spring veggies :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. But only after some well-deserved REST!!!!!! Such a pace you have maintained. How?

    But sincere thanks for sharing it all so generously and thoughtfully!

    ReplyDelete